Friday, December 18, 2009

The rotator cuff is not the problem - it's the bicep muscle that has some tears and scar tissue. So in an attempt to avoid another surgery, we're trying changing up physical therapy and using the ultrasound to break up the scar tissue. I also got a shot in the shoulder that has eliminated much of the pain so I can move the arm more. Still can't drive quite right though or roll my hair (well, I can get about 4 rollers in but that is all) and heavy pots/pans are not easy but I've found ways to move them.

I must laugh though, my brother and sister-in-law have been coming over twice a week since September to help me do things I can't do like open bottles, change linens, bend down to clean the kitty litter box etc (bending made me feel like passing out it hurt so bad). I told them about 2 weeks ago they could stop coming (really, some of it was that I needed live human contact). So yesterday, I was using my kitchen shears (I love them! they help me get into things I would have had to wait for someone to come over and do for me) and discovered that 1 pair has a bottle opener on it - I tried it on the bottled water and it works great! But my first thought was being sure to never tell my brother as he must have opened hundreds of bottles of water for me over the past 6 months! Otherwise, I'll get this certain stare.......

Back to the original subject, I forgot to ask if I'll have to take another MRI to see if surgery is needed or not. I told him after the last one (actually my first one), that I'll either have to be dead or unconscious before I ever do it again. I lasted in the closed machine long enough to get my nose covered before I was using the panic button to get me out. I waited about an hour and was able to use the 'open' MRI hardware and I'm still not sure how I lasted 45 minutes. Wow. I never knew I was claustrophobic!

I'm still trying to sell the scooter but no nibbles so far. I just want it out of my garage and eye sight. the good news is that my brother doesn't kick it every time he comes over. He doesn't know I want to try power chuting for my next hobby though. He'll shoot me.... assuming my sister in law doesn't strangle me first.

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment