Saturday, March 13, 2010

What a wonderful day! Sunny and just a little on the cool side this morning.

Physical therapy went quick this morning and I was surprised to see that the arm moved so far. Laying down, it actually almost touched the table. The one elbow twist touches the table but the one going towards the back is still quite stiff and sore and doesn't want to move very much. But that's more from the replacement elbow part than the shoulder surgery.

On the way home from eating lunch with my sister (she claimed she needed to be rescued from her work) I was almost smushed by a semi. Given that I drive a big red XUV (yes XUV not SUV) and am hard to miss, the whole vehicle must have been in his blind spot (hey I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt) as he decided to move right over in my lane. Fortunately, there was an exit lane open and I moved once I realized it wasn't the wind pushing him. Scared me to death. I went ahead and exited. I couldn't honk because I'm still driving one handed. My bad arm automatically tried to reach the wheel though so now my shoulder is hurting - that's one stretch that they don't do in therapy!. I'm one very blessed person. But it also made me realize that I don't miss driving in traffic - I'm getting spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment