Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes - Decatur TX  (Yes another visit)

This time there were 4 of us on the trip.  We even got the directions right (well, 1 small mishap or 2 but that was a case of driver doesn't remember to slow down in small towns/cities to see the small signs - yes, small does exist in Texas - and forgets that outside of the big cities, they don't always have the nice cloverleaf's and underpass U-turn lanes).   Then there was the case of the 2nd car not making it through a light (yes, driver speed again) and not knowing where we were going so they called, we pulled to the side to wait for them just in time to see them fly by - LOL - we had to work to catch up to them!).  I did mention driver speed correct?  both drivers!

We had to wait to get in but not for long.  It was a Friday night after all.   But the food was really good.  I tried the small ribeye this time.  It was good but I went for well-done and should have stuck with medium.  I always seem to forget that the ribeyes have fat on them.  I'll try another one another time but right now I'm partial to the filet.

The potatoes & yeast rolls are still to die for!  Bill tried the mac'n'cheese and pronounced it very good in addition to his chicken fried steak.  Kimberly and Wende had the ribeyes too.  We haven't tried any deserts yet -- it's just the right amount of food so we can drive ourselves back to the Dallas area.  We did look at all the Babe;s goods (honey, sorghum molasses etc) and I explained how sorghum molasses on Babe's biscuits at the Babe's locations was the best!  I should have bought some to bring home but then I'd be forced to learn to make decent bisquits from scratch and so far all I've done is talk about it.

Wende and I walked around the town square and found several antique shops (all closed on Friday night) and came across another small restaurant.  There's a Bed & Breakfast on the square (it's for sale).   I do want to come back on a Saturday to visit the antique stores and do some more sightseeing.

The town is hilly and we drove down (literally) to the local museum.  Then drove around a little bit more to look at the old homes with porches (found 1 for sale that I'm drooling over but have to wait to win the lottery first!) and the tinest little church that I've ever seen.  It is so cute.

All in all, spending time with 3 yankees was a pleasure.  We're planning a trip to Bubba's - another one of the Babe's family of restaurants - in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment