Sunday, October 09, 2011

Guess What? It RAINED... really, it rained more than a few drops!

Oh the sound of rain - I love it.  Especially when more than a few drops fall.  The rain came in waves all night - the best kind to soak in the ground.

ALMOST 2 WHOLE INCHES.  YAHOO.

It is still cloudy this morning and there may be more rain on the way.  The plants looked so lovely this morning.
Smell-o-vision or scratch-n-sniff would be great for this one.  It smelled so good.  They didn't bloom as well this year but I will probably take a cutting for the kitchen this afternoon.

The Texas Bird of Paradise is a wonderful plant - this one is supposed to be the tree version but I'm not sure as it resembles a shrub right now.  It's about 2 years old and came from the Blue Moon Garden near Edom TX.  The snow got my large one as the trunk was too limber for the tree when it was about 10' tall.  It bent completely to ground several times and finally snapped.

This is a rose shrub from my Dad.  It's about the only non-antique type rose that I have and it was mostly dead this summer.  It will get a pretty good pruning and this flower is from a stem from the base of the rose.   Smells pretty good too.

I had to laugh when I spotted these tomatoes this morning.  They don't look deformed (the plant looks like it died a month ago) so I will try to be patient a little longer before I take them.  Of course, that assumes they grow like the tomatoes from Mars.  By the way, it's the same plant.

RAIN UPDATE MONDAY MORNING - we got another inch!!  Now if it will rain some more over the lakes too...

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. When the wet stuff finally starting falling from the sky... and then kept falling... I wanted to cry. I actually stood out in it for a while.

    My little pomeranian didn't care for going out in it though. Lol!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete