Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Heater or Air Conditioner

Weird weather - I never know if I need a sweater, coat or short sleeves.  I've been flipping between the heat and a/c all the time.  And I already have multiple coats & sweaters in the car.  And I leave socks all over the house because when my feet get hot - they get HOT.  Just like the Rock Rose below - it likes hot weather too and it's blooming now because it is hot again.  Yes, in November....

But the temperature started dropping fast.  It was nice when I came in from the store and 20 minutes later, I had to grab a coat from the back seat so I could go to the auto repair shop. 
 Isn't the alyssum pretty?  As you can see, the leaves are still falling from the Texas Red Oak.  They fall in their own timeframe.  That means, yes, I have to mow the leaves close to Christmas Day.
 Here's one of the two white crape myrtles.  The golden leaves have lasted longer than normal.
 The leaves on the purple crape myrtles are almost gone and they were blooming a few weeks ago.


But it has been a really colorful fall this year.  Such pretty leaves and a gazillion acorns from the Texas Red Oak.  I would like to hire squirrels to remove ALL the acorns from my garden and yard in the front but alas... they don't want to cooperate.  So I may have to start throwing acorns at them?

No comments:

Post a Comment