Friday, November 25, 2011

Sick Kitty - Impatient Mom

Sam has lost almost 10 lbs in the past 2 months.  He is a big cat - not fat but tall - yes he's a native Texan cat.  I thought he started looking a little thin and then when I petted him, I could feel his spine and all the bones in his tail.  He face looks thin now.  
Sam enjoying the great outdoors in August.
We went to the vet early Wed morning and when I picked him up to put him in the carrier, I became really alarmed because he was soooo light.  He acts like he feels good most of the time and hasn't really changed any of his habits.  He still eats like a horse and always tries to get my food when I'm not paying attention.  

He sleeps with his face down - looks funny & check to make sure he is breathing!
He wasn't happy going to the vet but that is normal for him.  They had to give him anesthesia to take blood so we were there a long time.  He was still wobbly when I let him out at home.

The final test result came in this morning right before lunch but after the vet went to lunch.  He was supposed to call me back this afternoon.  I've called several times.  Now I'm really getting worried. I may go camp out in front of the office in the morning.  sigh.

I feel bad because I've been so busy putting Dad in a nursing home and dealing with paperwork and going through all his papers and stuff.  I haven't brushed either kitty in about 2 months so I got out the furrminator and that was part of their Thanksgiving treat.   They enjoyed Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment