Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crepe Murderer Caught in the Act

  It's THAT time of year again.  Crepe Murder.  I just don't get it... well, I sorta understsand because it was started by landscapers to generate some money during a non-income time of year for them.   And that service was grabbed up by those that planted the wrong type of crepe myrtle - too tall usually and yes I know the homebuilders love to plant tall trees next to the foundation because it looks good.  But it isn't necessary and does more harm than good.

Basically, it makes my eyes hurt when I see it.  One year, people in my neighborhood receive the Crepe Murder article from Southern Living in the mail...anonymously of course.  I didn't get one though.  I felt left out.

Bring out the kleenix!
Trim NOT murder and buy the right size - READ the label (unless of course, the plant is mismarked as even I have discovered several years too late!).  It's hard but it is better to dig it out and start over with something appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment