Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Snickers and Treats

The little rascal Sam is escaping again.  The a/c heat people were out yesterday for the bi-annual checkup (it's my nephew's best friend - they grew up together so I've know him since they were both kids).  I usually can't herd Sam into another room and shut the door when there's something going on at the house.  And he really wants to climb the attic stairs again.  Sorry buddy, but that isn't happening again.


So as they were leaving and we were chit-chatting about his daughter (she's 2 and they are thinking about another one and oh it is so hard to remember those little boys are all grown adults - they are still cute too!), Sam escapes between my legs and runs like the wind.  He flies down the sidewalk and gets under the truck (why do they do that?  does he think it's like a safe place?).  Anyway, the guys watch him so he doesn't escape farther (there are some mighty big dogs around) while I go get some treats.  When I dash back outside, Sam moved and was now under their van.  Dried shrimp treats to the rescue.   Whew!  Ok Ok it was MY fault for leaving the glass door open a crack while we were talking. 


Where was Millie during all this disruption?  She was watching and snickering from the couch.  In fact, Blake mentioned he'd never seen her before (well, that's because she usually goes and hides). 


So later, I go get the mail, and Sam escapes again.  Darn it!  That really made me mad.  He usually never tries to go out the front door.  So I manage to get him - I was afraid if I went inside to get treats, he  would disappear.  He's in sooo much trouble but I'm glad most of the neighbors were still at work and the kids weren't walking home from school yet. 

And Miss Millie?  Oh yes, she was watching and snickering from the couch again. 


Then this morning I was taking out the garbage and when I was coming back in and while the garage door was almost down, Sam escapes and gets out before the garage door shuts. He was running as though his life depended on it.   I swear it took forever for the garage door to raise so I could chase him.  Scared as I was, he was just walking under my SUV checking out the world.  I was really afraid the dogs next door would start barking like crazy (there are always rescue dogs next door waiting for their new home and they are my alarm system).  I didn't want Sam to freak out and get even more scared.  Even when Sam and Millie are safe in our backyard with me as their supervisor, they don't like it when the dogs bark and head to the back door in a hurry.


This time, Millie was sound asleep and the noise did not interrupt her morning snooze.   So I didn't have to listen to her snicker at us.  I'm really not sure if it's me or if it's Sam that makes her snicker...




3 comments:

  1. Out of 4 I have one that will try to escape every. single. time. she gets the chance. It's so annoying! And then of course I feel bad like I've got her trapped in the big bad house. Ai yi yi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla-- thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you are in Texas. Hope you didn't have any of the bad weather today (if you're in the DFW area)

    Stay safe. Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, Thanks for stopping by. I'm northeast of Dallas and we only got heavy rain, about a minute of sporadic small hail and a few large thunders. The tornadoes past us by and all family is safe and dry. Scary but the cats and I didn't make it to our 'tornado closet' as we didn't really need to. However, I will say, if someone hadn't called me, I wouldn't have known what was going on - several were on the ground before I even knew we were in a tornado watch. I just wasn't paying attention.

      Delete