Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Stormy Weather Keep On Passing Me By....please

So I'm busy cleaning out closets and not paying attention to the weather (well, they kept telling me for several days now about the thunder and rain that I hadn't seen..).  Anyhow, my Dad called to see if I was out and about while the tornadoes were paying a brief but destructive visit to the area. 

So I turned on tv to see the damage and check out the weather station when the sirens went off.  Our police department sent out emails stating it was Plano sirens not Allen sirens.  I'm on the border and with the way the wind blows, I can't hear Allen sirens, but I hear the Plano ones (thank goodness).  Soon after, I get an email from APD saying our sirens were going off as we were in the direct path of one.  Fortunately, it behaved and stayed up and didn't drop down.  Unfortunately, there were several that did touch down but not near me or any of my family. 

I kept checking with Mom to make sure she was ok and was aware of the storms on the way to her house.

A few friends had their cars damaged while they were at work - one lost her windshield and side mirrors.  All friends seem to be safe and sound and posting on FB.

Tornadoes are scary. I didn't go out and take pictures because I wasn't paying attention since it had been cloudy all day.  And then I just wasn't going to go out and get wet. 

We have a closet designated as the 'tornado closet'.  It has bottled water, a weather radio with batteries (and you can crank it), LED lights, flashlight, cat stuff (food, snacks, bowls, Sam's medical stuff all except the insulin which has to stay cold).  I hang my purse in there during tornado season instead of leaving it in my office.  I just need to put a chair in there. 

I hope all blog friends are safe and sound. 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about those storms. The other night they were headed this way. We don't have any sirens around here, but at around 3:30 am there was some vicious lightning and a few LOUD rumbles of thunder but luckily it passed right over us really quickly. I don't even think we received any rain.

    Glad you and your family are safe!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear the tornado missed you. Glad you are prepared with your area of supplies :) Also for your kitty.

    ReplyDelete