Friday, July 12, 2013

Frying Eggs Outside

I remember as a kid trying to fry eggs outside on the sidewalk.  They came out more like scrambled eggs. 

It's that hot here too.  Yesterday as I was leaving work, there's a shuttle bus that is supposed to take you to the other side of 75 to get to the train station when the CityPlace elevators are broken.  Yes, I said supposed.   I waited outside for about 20 minutes with my walker before I headed back inside because it was so darn hot.  I called Dart, and the nice lady said 'There's supposed to be a shuttle bus running to help you walking impaired people'.  Where was the shuttle bus?  So I go outside and see a bus across 75 sitting there as it had been for the previous 20 minutes.  

It was hot.  I was not happy.  So I eyeballed it and decided I would walk it.  So down to Haskell Ave, turn right to walk across the highway and hoped and prayed no one would be shocked to see a pedestrian at 4:30 in the afternoon on such a hot day and then run over me.  I made it across ok then had to walk an equal distance until I was directly across from CityPlace. 
View from the shuttle bus in the morning!  That's CityPlace in the distance.
LOL by then I was really really hot and irritated.  And yes, the shuttle bus hadn't moved an inch and there wasn't a second shuttle bus either.  Maybe the driver was too hot and decided to take a nap. 

Down the elevators I go and thank the stars the right train was the next train to come through.  I followed a guy in a wheelchair onto the train and it was full.  But, a nice young lady gave me her seat.  I sure was appreciative and said thank you several times.  I felt like the egg on the sidewalk.

I'll sure be glad when I don't feel like I need the walker to ride the train anymore.   The knee is moving well but I'm just impatient.  Today at therapy, the therapist was able to straighten the knee almost all the way down to the table (I'm still not sure my knee ever straightened that far even as a kid!).

Hope you have a great cool weekend.  And pray for some rain!

1 comment:

  1. So hard to get around - but - good for you! You're still doing it!

    ReplyDelete