Saturday, July 25, 2015

Heat is in the mind....


I keep trying to convince myself that heat is all in the mind. It doesn't work.  I went outside to garden around 6:30 this morning and lasted until about 9.  

Sam lasted less than 5 minutes.  Actually, he dashed out the door, ran to the grass, turned around and ran back inside.  I thought that was  a little strange for him.  

A little later, I found the reason!  Diarrhea.  I am so thankful it was on the grass and not on the carpet this time.  Wahooo!  I just watered it down until it was gone.

Some plants are dying but others are going strong like my little roma tomato plant.  There's a bunch of new little tomatoes and even one orange pepper!  That's a good crop for me.  

Stay cool!




3 comments:

  1. our garden is starting to burn up!
    mostly cukes, melons and squash.
    I was just telling Honey, if we can keep the grasshoppers away... then the tomatoes might yield a bumper crop in the fall. That's a great big IF!
    ...SO HOW ARE YOU CARLA?
    I believe I've missed some of your blogging. I've gotten so far behind in my reading...
    It's nice to see you in my feed; however, I don't get to check it as often as I'd like.
    I'll be catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, sorry some of your garden is dying but at least you're getting some vegetables! I tried planting tomato plants one year and got next to nothing. It would have been much cheaper to have just bought the tomatoes, which is what I've done since! My thumb is definitely not green :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I have to laugh because my crop of tomatoes exceeded the norm of 3 last year! I had around 25 last year. So far this year, I have had maybe 2-3 and I ate them straight off the vine. I like to watch them grow even if I don't get much.

      Delete