Sunday, July 19, 2015

Rain, now Hot!!



 We had enough rain to get out of the drought.  

We had enough rain that this is the first time I've had the sprinkler system set to run early this morning on my watering day.  And it didn't want to engage.  It finally started, lasted a minute, then stopped.  I tried it again.  It finally started, last a minute, then stopped again.  Eekkkkkk. It is Sunday so I tried talking nicely to it, it finally started, and kept going.  Wahoo

Since I live on a little hill, I run it three times for short periods of time.  I had to manually start it but it worked on the last 2 rounds.  Yea.  I know I need a new controller.  

Now, the new guessing game begins.  Will it reach 100 today?  The real temperature not the Heat Index.  The Heat Index makes me more hot just like the wind chill number makes me ice cold in winter.

But heat can provide some entertainment. Drivers are so rude these days.  A light was out at an intersection and it was funny because no one knows the rules to stop, wait for your turn then go.  I was able to get in the turn lane and giggle at the 5 cars stuck in the intersection because no one a) knew the rules, b) had any common sense and c) knew how to be a polite driver.  Good thing it was only 90! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, Carla - I hope your heat breaks soon. We've been fairly lucky up here in Mass. Only a few days in the 90's so far this summer. The humidity has been miserable though! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot temperatures and Hot tempers... don't mix!
    I've seen some people get pretty snarly when the weather warms up... all because of the failure to know the rules and apply them!
    I'm hoping it cools down.
    Was supposed to get to 100° today...not sure if it made it there where you are...but S.E. of you in Kaufman county... I don't think it did...close but not quite!

    ReplyDelete