Monday, December 28, 2015

Tornadoes and Storms

Oh my goodness!
First it was hot (as in shorts and sandals.)
Then it stormed and stormed and stormed some more.
Then it flooded in some areas.
Then there were snow flurries in the area this morning.

And all that in one weekend.  here.  at home.  yep North Texas

I know of several friends and co-workers that were impacted by the tornadoes. I suspect that once more people return to work after the first of the year, we'll hear of more co-workers with tornado impact. As it was, several people at work were very close to the tornadoes. 

These came at night on the day after Christmas when everyone was out and about having fun and just being with family. Unless someone was actually in front of a tv or weather watching, the timing was such that it was a surprise. And it was dark so it was hard to see in the dark until something exploded and the tornado appeared. 

I like to make fun of the weather guessers so usually don't pay a lot of close attention other than around my house. However, on Saturday, I was stuffed, tired and following the kitties advice of napping all day. 

So that means napping with the tv on. So I saw when the first one was suspected of being on the ground south of us. that meant a long 30-40 minute wait for it to arrive. It's weird that this one and the prior one (the one at Thanksgiving) actually came in waves. So that made it seem never-ending.

Glad my family is safe.

Prayers for those who lost family and their homes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment