Saturday, December 03, 2016

Almost lost my packages last night

I've been ordering for Christmas and birthdays lately. Normally I follow the packages so I know when to expect them to show up. Many fit in the mailbox so I don't worry about the small ones.

The slipcovers were ordered a few weeks ago and I forgot about them. Several neighborhoods around me have problems with thefts and it seems as though people are following the delivery trucks then snatching the packages.

Last night around 8pm I checked the porch - no packages. Around 9 I decided to head for bed and read a while. As I was walking past the front bedroom, I saw someone with a flashlight walking and it looked too close for them to have been on the sidewalk. I didn't see a dog so curious me, I walked to the front door and looked out the side window. I saw packages so I turned on the front porch light and opened the door. Just in time to see the guy at the edge of the front beds - he turned and darted in between the houses. I very carefully moved the packages inside while keeping my head up so I could see him if he came back.  Very scary.

Texted my next door neighbor to let her know and she said her dogs had gone crazy around 9 and she even opened the garage door to see what was going on. But she didn't see anything - of course, at night it is really easy to hide in the alley,

Then this morning, as I was perusing my email, I saw where the delivery status showed it was delivered at 8:41pm. That means the 'alleged' thief had to be following the delivery truck. That made me nervous!

Please watch for your deliveries!

1 comment:

  1. That is so scary! Glad he ran! I see that they caught someone on the street behind you... too.
    That is awful... theft is un-nerving. It makes you feel so vulnerable.
    Then their are thieves that would KILL... for a petty theft. It makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete