Saturday, August 24, 2013

Yikes! Summer came back


  
For about 2 weeks, we have cooler weather - under 100 degrees!  And at 5:30 in the morning, it's been under 80 so I could walk in the mornings.  I knew something was up when it was 81 at 5:30 yesterday.  Sure enough, we're at 100 today and it isn't the hottest part of the day yet.  

The cats go outside for about 5 minutes before they turn around and wait at the back door to go inside where it is cooler.  The hot weather makes the cats and I take a nap....ok... who am I kidding?  The cats nap all the time.
I've still got some flowers blooming but the grass has taken a real hit from the heat.  I didn't realize the power outage reset the sprinkler control box and the grass wasn't being watered as long as I thought it was.  
In the back yard, the grass is suffering from the sun since the neighbor butchered the two bald cypress (they really are bald now).  When I was outside earlier this morning, I noticed the fern hanging basket that has been out in the corner for at least 2-3 years is now dead because it is in the sun now. 
NO - this is only fern left

No comments:

Post a Comment