Monday, May 26, 2014

In honor of my dad, brother and many other relatives who gave ....



My dad, as he left for WWII, Europe & Africa


My nephew (at Dad's funeral) - who puts his life on the line for us everyday
My brother - went to the military as a kid and came out a man
In honor of those who went before...
A thank you is not enough to all the men and women who serve our country to protect our country and our freedom.

Many in my family, uncles, aunts, and greats have served in the military and police...back to the Revolutionary War (and before that most likely).

Thank you.
and may God bless all your families.




2 comments:

  1. I love this post, Carla. The photo of your nephew at your dad's funeral brought back memories of my dad's funeral in 2011, also a Military funeral. We have so much to be grateful for and owe every freedom we have to all the brave men and women who have sacrificed so much in the past and who continue to do so today. God Bless America.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I was so touched by your post that I forgot to thank you for your comment on Baby!! Yeah, she is definitely good at looking relaxed! haha Have a great weekend,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete