Sunday, February 21, 2016

Income Taxes remind me of work darn it!

I work for a small size publicly traded company.  You know what I mean... SOX.  And audits.




But where I work, in IT, we are audited about 11 months out of the year.  Interim I, Interim II and Year-end (aka rollover) audits.  We are so lucky that our audits combine SOX, operational and any other kind of audit that our internal auditors desire...sigh. 

And of course, in my job description, audits fall under the last line that states '..and anything else we ask you do during the course of your activity..'.  Even during the week of Christmas, the auditors kept asking us to call in resources that were on vacation because they needed to look at something. For the past 3 weeks, it has been non-stop.  And I don't mean just me either, a co-worker, our boss and his boss along with the other IT senior leadership members.  And yes, people on vacation were called in to provide information. In fact, we had an auditor at 11:43pm request an immediate meeting with some of our infrastructure managers.  LOL   

I haven't had a day off in a while because weekends are just working days for auditors and that's how they collect their money.  Going down rabbit holes that we told them up front were wasted time (we haven't missed one yet). We are transparent and they like working with us, or so they say.  The external auditors even sent us a giant cookie when they thought they were done. 

So I am about to start working on my income taxes and all I can think of is work.  and auditors. and time lost for nothing. and in this electronic age should be much easier than it is.

sigh

see you when I get done.....




No comments:

Post a Comment