Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh what a beautiful weekend. It isn't often we have a fall longer than 2-3 days. The leaves are gorgeous and haven't all dropped overnight like most years. Nice and warm and sunny.

The cats were allowed out to the back yard for a bit. Millie carefully made her way to the covered swing since the grass was wet and she doesn't like to get her feet wet. Sam did his usual walk around to make sure there were no intruders and everything was to his liking. Then he proceeded to eat my pansies.

Mom dropped by and I don't think she ever believed that he likes pansies so she saw it first hand today. We went out to eat and then I showed her some of the new shopping areas. Which brings me to a pet peeve - we're supposed to be 'green' and saving gas etc yet all the new shopping areas are basically strip centers with standalone stores that require (at least in bad/hot/cold weather or when buying heavy things) getting in the car and driving to the next one. Short trips are a complete waste of transportation energy but here we are - building to ensure we continue to use more gasoline.

Of course, some people know I tried the motorscooter route to counteract my big SUV that carries all the heavy gardening stuff I use year round. LOL. One smushed elbow - replaced with a big titanium bolt- and a broken arm and most likely a torn rotator cuff. Too bad they didn't discover the torn rotator cuff when they found the broken bone. Oh - of course, that was 2 separate motorscooter incidents in less than 6 months. Needless to say, it's for sell - which is too bad because I really enjoyed myself and was having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment