Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring is Springing

Oh I love when Spring starts springing.  The budding trees are always so darn pretty. 
And of course the little green things peeping out of the ground.  Now those green things had all better be the beautiful plants that seeded from last year.... but I'm sure there are a few weeds in there. 

 I guess I should've put down weed prevention stuff in January this year! When the berries were out for the birds.  I've read that the birds get drunk on these berries but I've yet to see a drunken bird.
I just love the oxalis.  I have 3 different kinds and usually, at least one is above ground.  This time of the year, there are the winter ones not yet ready to leave and the spring ones busting out next to them.
And this little guy is still lonely.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the blooming trees in spring.

    I battle those green things that aren't there on purpose too.. But the weeds aren't the worst, it's the rose weeds! We had gangly ugly roses that were there long before my husband was and when we planted all the perennials we uprooted both huge messy bushes. Somehow now we have little rose shoots all over where they weren't before! It's frustrating. I also think the bunnies figured out that we had tulips last year because there just don't seem to be as many this year! For feeding those bunnies, I'd better get more chocolate for Easter this year!

    I've never heard of berries that make birds drunk! Maybe your birds are berry-aholics and it just takes more berries to get them drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know what you mean abou the rose roots. Some of them are indestructible. I've had one or two that are still showing up (like the crepe myrtle sprouts can do too) even after a fresh cut on the root and a good dose of RoundUp.

    It is the pyracantha shrub that makes the drunken berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping back to say you have been given an award from me! Come check it out on my blog and post and pass it on if you are so inclined!

    ReplyDelete