Saturday, July 14, 2012

Even MORE Fun!

I realized this morning that the water heater has a 9 year warranty.  And I've only had this one 8 years (by the way, that's a record, the 1st two only lasted about 2 years each). 

I call up Whirlpool and guess what?  The thermocouple is bad.  It's covered under warranty too.    They don't make that type of thermocouple (it's a left handed one?) so it needs a conversion kit. And they can ship it out for $30 but I have to install it.

Sooooo.  Should I wait a few days until it arrives and then wait until Saturday to get someone to install it;  or pay another couple of hundred bucks for a plumber to come after hours assuming it does come during the week?  How many more cold showers can I take?  Or just go buy a brand new one?

Maybe I should open a Facebook page asking for donations!



No comments:

Post a Comment