Sunday, February 24, 2013

Winter in Texas

70 - 24 - 68 - 28 - 73 - 40 - 72 - 23

Recognize those numbers? That's the high temperatures for winter in Texas.  One day is hot and the next day is really really cold.  And when we have really hot weather in Jan, it's usually followed by ice and horrendous cold.   ok ok horrendous cold for here!

My daffodils are out and I didn't see that they had even come out of the ground.  I was going to the mailbox and they just magically appeared.  There's one hyacinth and it looks funny because the stem is so short - as in almost non-existent. 

I just came back inside - it's 48 but the real feel is 68.  Mr Sun feels so darn good.  Especially since he only visits for short periods of time in the winter. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, we have daffodils, iris, phlox ...the works!
    today I got my potatoes and corn in the ground...it was beautiful. I had clothes on the line-- and tomorrow they are predicting freezing cold in the 30's!!!
    Not to mention it wreaks havoc on one's sinus!

    Don' you just love Texas weather-- the most predictable thing about it is the UNpredictability of it!

    ReplyDelete