Sunday, March 02, 2014

Winter...repeat #567

Wow.  It was 80 on Saturday - nice and warm

Today is Sunday. And it is in the twenties with wind chills near zero.  Yep. You read that correctly.

And the low tonight will be in the teens.  I will not be looking at the 'real feel' in order to save my sanity

At one point this afternoon, there was sleet, thunder and very loud frozen rain along with some serious wind

The kitties and I napped all day in between the storms.   I went out at 7:30 this morning to use the truck (parked out front) ans was surprised when the door was frozen and sleet on the windshield.  It was very very cold.  And weird after it being so warm yesterday.  I had to go get some kite string     Next time, I'll get kite string when I get the kite!

Stay warm and safe


1 comment:

  1. Isn't this just crazy?
    I got up yesterday - now this is crazy as your kite string story- but at 4:30 am the wind was howling and I remembered I had a small hand washed load still in the line! I jumped up threw my robe on after looking at the weather app- because at that very point in time WAS THE HIGH FOR THE DAY!
    I don't know what woke me but when I saw that and rain in the forecast and heard the wind I knew panties were dry enough!
    It just got colder after that and yeah we finally got the white stuff this winter - ICE!

    Take care
    Pat

    ReplyDelete