Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Season Woes


I love the holidays. Any holiday will do.  
However, at this time of year, a few things really grate on my nerves. 

Many years ago, I started doing all Christmas shopping by the end of October. Why? Because I got tired of rude, sick people out and about and driving as though they had never driven before. At the mall, there were more tired, whiney, screaming, crying kids (hey, I do not blame the kids) with their poor little arms being ripped out (ok, slight exaggeration) and being yelled out or swatted.  I just couldn't enjoy it any more. 

On Monday, I shared this on Facebook:   
If any of you Allen TX locals know the blonde driving this car: 
1) she's part of the reason I don't like getting out this time of year
2) the safety of children in your vehicle should be your primary concern
3) turned directly in front of me after I am midway in a turn because you are speeding is dangerous - you put my life in danger as well as the children in your car
4) speeding didn't get you the next light any faster because I was able to catch up with you at the light and sit behind you for at least a minute. Watched you trying to turn around, wave your hands and throw your fist at the child in the front seat.  You weren't on the way to a hospital or dr's office since you parked on my street.
5) If you are going to have personalized plates, you should probably remember that we won't forget them

I know that it gets frustrating. However, the people (adults or children) in your vehicle are pretty important. So are the other drivers. I'm tired of the families of those killed by other drivers having to suffer because you were in a hurry. 

SLOW DOWN
BE CALM WHEN DRIVING OR PULL OFF THE ROAD
REMEMBER, YOU ARE SETTING AN EXAMPLE




2 comments:

  1. oh my!
    I'm in total agreement...
    also, put your phone down blondie, no TEXT OR PHONE CALL is that important while you're driving with your precious family (trapped) inside your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant to say...
    have a SAFE and merry Christmas Carla!
    its a beautiful day today... 75°

    ReplyDelete