Sunday, July 17, 2016

Rain

Friday I wasn't feeling good at all so made Dr appt and left work in a hurry.

About a 15 mile drive from downtown to the suburbs; trip starts with a wreck on the freeway as soon as I got on, so I just got off at the next exit and drove the service road until I could see cars moving again. It was cloudy.

I went a few more miles and saw some lightning in the west then couldn't see a thing!  The clouds decided to get closer to the earth,

And then the wind was blowing trees all over and my XUV was being blown too.  Cars started slowing down when the rain decided to hit. And man, it took a few minutes and the highway felt like it had been raining all day.

It rained hard the rest of the way to the Drs office.

Since I had my car washed last week, the umbrella was in the house!  So I used my backpack as a substitute.  LOL I was soaking wet when I got into the drs office.

Of course, it was still raining when I came out.

I went home, took a short name, left to go pick up some meds and it was sunny, hot and humid!

But the good news is that I don't have to water the grass today! I can only water on Sun and Wed. We had rain on Tuesday so that's twice I didn't have to water!
Carla




2 comments:

  1. Rain, we seem to have had our share this summer, but it's better than a drought.
    Sorry you are feeling under the weather, I hope you get well soon !
    Beautiful flowers, and lots of them, just as I like it :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely TEXAS weather!
    I laughed at the sunny hot and humid part!
    That about sums it up.
    I was thinking while reading...but hey look at your garden. It looks wonderful. ;)
    and then you said it.

    ReplyDelete