Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Ants con't

Yes the ants are still around.  When I called the pest company, they said I had to wait longer than the technican said.... so I can't get anyone out again until Friday.  But I still have ants and now some larger ants.  I intensely dislike ants.  The tub in the master bathroom has lots of dead ones in it.  Yuck.

The fence stain & seal company can't come out due to the high winds.  So no telling when they will be here.  In the mean time, I have plants that need to be put in the ground near the fence - I'm thinking that I'll have to put those in pots since they've already been waiting 2 weeks and are getting that 'I'm ready to be planted NOW or I'll die' look.

The weather has been great but is about to get really hot.  I put down some St Augustine sod in the back - another dislike is not being able to walk on the grass barefoot.  I also just realized that I'm going to have to adjust the sprinkler on the side where my neighbor waters every day. I only had it run a short amount of time to get the area close to the foundation but now that the fence has the extra pickets and her water doesn't water my back yard anymore and drown everything, I'll need to run the sprinkler a little longer.  No  problem - just have to remember to do it!

I must say, it's been nice to sit in the covered swing now that the fence is solid.  I still like the looks of the shadowbox from inside the yard.  The cats do miss seeing out the fence although they are getting used to it.  They tend to run back to the house when they hear some noises since they can't tell that the noise is not so close that they need to run and hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment