Friday, February 04, 2011

WINTER STORMS ARE FOR THE BIRDS

Oh wait, aren't the birds supposed to fly south?  Well they obviously didn't fly far enough south.  One flew into the living room window.  It must be ok because I saw it fly back out.  There are some bird houses in the yard but not that many and they don't have access to water until the snow and ice start thawing.  I never dreamed I needed a bird bath heater!

This is the ICE before the snow.  About 1.5" thick.
I'm tired of sitting.  It's strange that it's ok when you don't get out when you know you can get out safely.  And then ice and snow and more ice keep you stranded in the house.  And the cats are getting cabin fever big time.  For some reason, they won't talk to me as they are too busy napping the storm away.

And the news.  Oh my goodness, just how many times can they repeat the same thing?  Apparently several hundred times and they even have 'special weather news programs' that take over normal programming and they are just repeating what they've already said a hundred times.  Can't they use the bottom part of the screen to annoy us like they do most of the time?  And the news guy that worried that Jerry Jones must be pulling out his hair??? Well, first of all, I don't care what Jerry Jones thinks period.  Second, what about all the people that don't get paid when they don't work?  And the poor utility workers that are working crazy hours in really bad weather?  And the Meals on Wheels recipients that can't get their food? And he's worried about Jerry Jones' hair?   What a gooberhead - and yes I don't watch that station any more.

BRRRRRRRRR















There's such a thick layer of ice on the driveway.  I'm afraid to try to get out just yet.  Not that I need to, I just WANT to get out.
This is why I NEED to get out - Chuy's nachos

 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Testing to see if this works

    ReplyDelete