Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yuck

Well,  life can be weird. 

I have tonsillitis.  And my tonsils are supposed to be gone.

I've been feeling bad for a week but it sounded like the sinus and allergies moved to my chest.  I scared the kitties because my voice was so strange Friday morning.  

I already had an appointment with the knee doctor Friday afternoon and couldn't get in to my regular doctor as he takes off at noon on Fridays.  So I went home after getting a cortisone shot in my knee and took home knee replacement information - as in it needs to be done sooner rather than later so the leg bone doesn't get too damaged.  Oh, and made a web appointment from home. 

Got called in around 5pm and discovered I have tonsillitis now.  I don't have tonsils or am not supposed to have any.  Apparently when they remove them or they are absorbed by the body, not all the tissue is removed.  So they can grow back. 

Good think he mentioned cortisone shot so I told him I just had one in my knee a few hours earlier so he changed the meds.  Went home with 4 prescriptions.  The cough syrup is strong.  As in knock me out strong.  I'm getting better and won't be contagious by this afternoon.  LOL now I have to clean my car to get rid of all the germs.  Not sure how long those germs will live on things.  Guess I will have to take some germ cleaning stuff for my desk tomorrow.

Oh well, hope everyone out there is well.  We are getting some rain.  YEAH  we still need rain. 

take care!




1 comment:

  1. Yuck is right. I don't think I've ever had tonsillitis. Sorry to hear about the knee problems too. I DO have knee problems. Right now...today (and some yesterday) I had the worse tooth ache.
    Needing to get to the dentist soon.

    Anyway-- have a better, more healthy week. Hope the cortisone and other meds work.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete