Thursday, June 06, 2013

O.U.C.H

I've been out for a while getting a new knee.  It has been bad but the cortisone shots were effective only a few weeks.

So in the hospital I go.  I get a new knee.  Ouch.  The hospital was nice.

I went to a rehab place for about 9 days.  It was ok.  The night people didn't want me to use the knee machine for more than 2 hours but I insisted (and apparently, they called the surgeon a few times about it but he already said use it all you want - the more the better). 

They were too busy to let me walk around and that wasn't necessarily a good thing.  But I sure was glad to get home and see my kitties.

Now for the real rehab part - o.u.c.h

By the way, did I mention O.U.C.H.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!
    I have heard new knees are wonderful! I bet after getting home with your kitties...learning to get around with the knee. You'll actually be FEELING new before long.
    Sorry the Rehab people didn't 'have time' for you to rehab properly (it sounds like) I personally don't think some of those places are all they are cracked up to be.
    Home is where the real healing begins.

    glad to see you posting...
    Pat

    ReplyDelete