Sunday, September 29, 2013

The dangers of street walking......

 Yes!  We had rain.  Not  enough but still, it was rain and it was wet. 

We are in stage 3 drought and only allowed to water once a week.  My day is Sunday.  My sprinkler system is turned off except when I need to run it manually.  The silly control box can't keep track of the days and time so I can't even set it to run just on Sunday or it will run during the 10am-6pm time when we can't use sprinklers.

It was nice and cloudy yesterday and rained in spurts.  Gee, I sure would like a nice loud thunderstorm.  I've forgotten what that is like.....

Apparently, it only rained at a few houses on my street because many houses had their sprinkler systems on this morning.  That's one reason why I walk in the street. (I bet you thought by now that I wasn't going to mention the topic of the week!)

The other reason I walk in the street is for safety.  Yes, safety.  The sidewalks aren't really smooth and I can trip over dust.  This way I can look ahead cause that's good exercise for my neck (it's all that iPhone reading on the train!).

We won't talk about the texting while walking incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment