Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

A big warm Thank You to all our veterans that served our country.  Your courage and sacrifices do not go unnoticed. You are thought of and prayed for often.

Here are my two veterans:

 
  This is my dad. 
He had PTSD although the term wasn't really used back then.  Dad was in the Army and later the Air Force.
He was in several battles during WWII and injured a few times. 

My brother was also in Army.  
He was in some of the world turmoils, just at a different time.

They both were in Germany at one time or another.  The photo in the header was where my brother was in Germany.  I remember him telling stories of putting Coke bottles in the snow so they would have cold drinks.

Many of my dad's siblings also served in the military - brothers and sisters.  Mom's brother died in WWII.

Thank you to every Veteran who served our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment