Saturday, July 19, 2014

Loss

It seems like yesterday that my Dad passed.  It was only 2 years ago.  

Mom before she was Mom

Now I'm about to lose Mom.  She had surgery 7/7 and did really great.  Recovering fine, returning to her normal self, laughing and having fun.  Then last Friday night, 7/11, she had a strong stroke.  So strong it left her paralyzed on one side and blind on that side.

She's not getting better and is steadily going downhill.   She didn't want to live with tubes and was very  vocal about it in the past few years and we did go over that again before her surgery.

She's on comfort care now and I hope what little time is left is peaceful.


2 comments:

  1. Carla-
    I'm sorry to hear this. I don't know what is worse, losing someone quickly and unexpectedly, or losing them to a long, drawn out illness. I've had both-- and I don't think it is ever easy. I pray that your time left with your momma is blessed and precious--as well as , peaceful.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts and prayers for peace and closure. May your time left with her help you both. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete