Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mom is gone



 Mom died last week.  

She lived a full, independent life and loved her family and flower garden.  She didn't like the gophers though.  

The night before she passed, she got quite active:  primping her hair and face, mouthing as though she was carrying on conversations, smiling, waving and patting someone on the head.
My brother, sister-in-law and I were there when she left us on Tuesday.  All her kids and grand-kids got to say good-bye and tell her we loved her.
In June, she and I went hunting for her great-grandparents grave in Boswell OK.  We didn't find them but we had a blast.  Later that month, we had a reunion with her cousins family.  They were from Oklahoma so it was really fun to hear some stories about my grandparents and the fun the cousins had in their younger years.  Got to meet some new family members too. 
She had the best nurse at the end and we discovered that her yardman was now an aide at the hospital.  He came and took care of her one day.  

I'm glad she's at peace now and with family.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Carla--
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mom is gone from here...from this life; but not from your heart.
    I hope that your memories of her are always sweet-- and that one day you will see her again.
    {hugs}
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love the photo's. I miss her too and find it hard to believe she has gone.

    ReplyDelete