Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Well, it's over now...

No matter who you voted for or why, we have a new president. It may be hard to express opinions without hate and name calling but children are watching and learning. Discussion is healthy but what I've seen pre-election is not. Expressing fear and disappointment is valid. Please show everyone respect so we don't forget what respect and maturity are and the value of moving forward when events don't go your way. And the value of moving on. It's ok to disagree and show disappointment but for heavens sake, be an adult and a leader for our next generations. Please feel free to block or delete me if that adds a bit of joy to you today

Above is my Facebook post this morning.  No not Sam, above Sam!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla!
    I'm with you!!! It was bad enough for the candidates to sling mud ... as "we the people" I personally think everyone needs to calm down take a breather and process. Adult conversation and examples are better than ... anger.... OR GLOATING!

    I've laid low since the election and letting it soak in... but emotionally I still feel wrung out. As a woman, I feel like I need to explain myself for voting the way I did. I finally realized today... I Don't! Susan B Anthony stood up for all women and their right to VOTE. Period. It's like you said... no matter how people voted or why they voted the way they did... it is their right.

    Glad you're open for discussion. I'm hard pressed to find someone to converse with in a civil manner! Can you tell?! Lol...
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete