Monday, August 16, 2010

Five Guy's Burgers & Fries, Plano, TX

Five Guy's was recommended by several people.  My brother and sister-in-law ate 'discovered' it while on a trip to Maryland.  They loved it.

The set-up is nice - it's on Spring Creek near Sam's Club & Performance Bicycles.  Not fancy at all and the people are very nice.   There's a sign that tells you where the potatoes come from that are being used that day.  I like the red and white decor.

Simple menu is easy to use but a wide variety of toppings are available at no extra charge.  There are 1 or 2 items that cost extra.   I like that they always cook the meat medium well - and it does taste good.  Meals come in a paper bag.

I had cheese, mayo, mustard, grilled onions and grilled mushrooms.  It was good but not great.  The fries were ok - I had the lightly salted (really really light on the salt) and a side of the Cajun spices (ok but nothing special).   Lots of fries although I didn't eat even half of them.  I'm a really really picky eater when it comes to fries.

Using lot's of napkins is usually a good sign for me but it was good but just not great.  Since it doesn't have a drive-through window, I'd just as soon go to What-a-Burger (so would my other brother!)

I'll go back sometime though.  This is a brand new location so maybe it was a timing issue.  The grill must need to be seasoned a little more?

UPDATE 10/14/2010
I went back to the same Five Guy's Burgers & Fries and I must say it was much better.  I got the same thing but without grilled mushrooms - cheese, mayo, mustard and  grilled onions - and it was good. The staff is still very friendly and the place was very busy.  I went in about 11:15 to beat the lunch crowd but people were coming in fairly steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment