Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer is still here darn it!

That cool spell did not last long enough.  Alas, the Texas Bird of Paradise bit the dust from the heat.  After all the pampering after the snows (I went out each day and shook all the snow from the limbs - one-armed as I had just had shoulder surgery - and then the storm that had the trunk bent over touching the ground - another one-armed fix).  There are 2 small shoots coming up from the root but I'm not sure if I cut the main trunk if they will survive.  Guess there is only 1 way to find out....

We did get about .5" of rain yesterday.  There are storms that are supposed to be coming that will drop some water; however, as I recall in May, we were supposed to have lots of water falling but it passed by my yard (and according to friends, it passed them by as well).


I'm ready to see some night time temperatures below 77 and day time temperatures below 92.    Note added next day:  Ha ha ha when I finally went to bed after midnight, the temperature was still in the 80's.   It dropped below 80 for an hour or so around 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment