Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring 2010

and the wind chill is 22 and the real temperature is 34. snow flurries in the area and are expected here tonight and tomorrow. What a wild ride of weather this year. Yesterday it was 73.

I did go out around 6pm and move some spring plants in pots to the garage since it was misting and I was afraid it might actually freeze hard tonight and kill those plants. Jasmine has already bloomed once - I wonder if it will bloom again now that it has almost frozen and will warm up soon. Well, I'm assuming it will warm up soon.

Dreary day except for the part when my nephew came over and put my Christmas boxes in the attic for me. I waited because I wanted to clean out the boxes and get rid of things I didn't need anymore. Even he was impressed at how much was gone - he pulled them down from the attic for me last year. So now I have more space in the attic. He's a great young man.

I showed him where the muscle scraping was done by the physical therapist yesterday. At least the swelling had gone down by the time he saw it. Man did that hurt afterwards. I could feel the bumps as she used the scraping tool. But I do feel that at least they don't think I'm just making up the pain or that it is just related to the weather. I have a titanium replacement for the head of the ulna. With all the weather changes in the past 2-3 weeks, I could tell the pain wasn't just coming and going with the weather since the pain never stopped. Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with elbow pain. Out of the past 10 months, it's been in a sling off and on for 7 months so it thinks it should be folded next to my chest. I was thinking of taping it to my body so it would be forced to stay straight while I'm sleeping. Doctors never think of the after effects when there's been more than one incident to the same limb in such a short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment