Saturday, March 27, 2010

What a wonderful day.  Nice outside, not too cold this morning nor too windy. It's windy this afternoon but it's still nice outside.   2 trips to garden centers so I'm starting to pot some of the plants and do the usual spring 'where should I put this?'.  I love ceramic pots and have a few ... LOL ..

My nephew came over to do a few things for me (still recovering from shoulder surgery) and commented on a 'funny' smell in the back yard.  I was enjoying being outside and sorta gardening so I forgot about the vinegar.  I let him smell the jasmine to clear his nose before we went inside.

I've gone organic and sprayed this morning with vinegar to get rid of all the lovely weeds in the garden beds... it seems the organic companies will do the lawns but not the flower beds so my yard looks good but the flower beds are another story. Anyway, I forgot and I didn't realize it in time to put down any pre-emergent myself.   So this morning I was out back using vineger.  Seems to work well.  The cats avoid the weeds.

The cats are only allowed to go outside in the back only if I'm out there.   I had gone out earlier through the garage and hadn't intended to let them outside today.  However, after glancing at the living room windows a few times and seeing those poor pitiful sad faces, I caved and let them out for a while.  I was surprised the wind didn't bother them.  They had great fun eating the pansies and oxalis (not the weed oxalis) and trying to figure out all the sounds.  And of course, just good old sunbathing.  I can't wait for the butterflies, Sam, the male cat, thinks he can catch one and it's fun to watch him try.

No comments:

Post a Comment