Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Catching up is h-a-r-d to dooooo...

Worked in the yard since I haven't been able to do any gardening since last April.  Sore am I.

My brother made a quick trip from NW Arkansas on Saturday to see a friend of his.  His friend has had a few mini-strokes and isn't doing well.  After visiting with his friend, we caught up on happenings and then ran to Fry's before meeting my other brother and sister-in-law for a late dinner.  Sunday morning I followed him to Sherman where we picked up breakfast at Whataburger and then on to Moms in Denison.  He left around 10:30 Sunday morning and made it back just in time for the races to be cancelled due to the rain!

I'm having my fence redone - the neighbor on one side waters every day.  So if I water my foundation, then it floods.  So while I love the shadowbox fence, the fence company is coming in to add pickets to the outside of the fence - that way I still get the beauty of the shadowbox and she gets to see a regular fence.  The stain company came yesterday to clean and bleach the fence before the new pickets are added tomorrow.   Then they will be back in 2 weeks to stain and seal the fence.  Maybe then my plants will quit drowning and the mosquitos won't be so bad this summer.

She's looking for a job as well.  Her oldest daughter is in her first year at college and the youngest daughter graduates high school next year.  We're in the same field so will be comparing a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment